4 Tbs Ghee
1 cup Coconut Sugar
1 x 400ml can Coconut Cream (drained)
1Tbs Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Salt
- Line a 9″ cake tin and pre-heat oven to 160C
- Soak dates in 1/2 cup warm water mixing in 1/4 tsp of Bi-carb.
- In a bowl, mix together Almond Flour, Bi-Carb Soda, Cinnamon and salt.
- Beat eggs to ribbon stage (can draw pictures with the eggs and stays on top for a few seconds.)
- Drizzle Maple syrup while slowly continuing to beat eggs.
- Do the same with the coconut oil till it is just combined.
- Sprinkle dry ingredients over the wet mix and fold in trying not to deflate the mix.
- Lightly drain off the dates and stir through the batter
- Pour into lined tin and place in the oven for approximately 60 mins check at 50 mins and adjust cooking time. Cake is done when toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 – 10 mins before turning out on a cake rack
- Place the Ghee, Coconut sugar and Coconut cream in a saucepan over a medium heat stirring till the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to the boil then lower the heat and allow to simmer for 10 – 15 mins stirring every few minutes.
- Take off the heat and transfer to a heat proof bowl. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add 1 Tbs of vanilla extract and 1/2 tsp of salt and mix through.
- Taste and add more salt if needed.