Cinnamon Ripple Cake
Cinnamon and sugar mix:
75g castor sugar
75g Brown Sugar
2-1/2 tsp Cinnamon
360g plain flour
1-1/2 Tbs Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
170g Cold Butter
1 cup (250ml) Milk
1 Tbs Lemon Juice
2 Egg Yokes
1-1/2 tsp Vanilla
75g Melted Butter
75g Icing Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
- Grease an 8″ bunt pan.
- In a bowl place the sugar, brown sugar and Cinnamon and mix till well combined.
- In a jug or small bowl add the milk, lemon juice, vanilla and egg yokes. Mix just to break up the yokes and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and whisk to combine.
- Next add the diced butter and cut it into the flour mix till it forms a crumb.
- Add the liquid ingredients and fold them in until it is just combined.
- Using a spoon place a dollop of mix in the cinnamon and sugar and coat.
- Place the coated balls into the cake tin layering them on to top of each other.
- Once all the mixture is in the pan sprinkle some of the remaining cinnamon sugar mix over the top.
- Place in a 180C oven for 35 -40 mins.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 mins before turning out onto a cake rack.
- To make the glaze, melt the butter add the icing sugar and vanilla and mix to form a runny paste.
- Pour over a cool or slightly warm cake.