Ali's Banana Cake Recipe
1/2 cup Butter
1 cup Sugar
3 mashed bananas (defrosted)
1-1/2 cups plain flour
1 tsp bicarb soda
1 tsp baking powder
3 Tbs milk
1 cup icing sugar
2 tsp hot water
1 Tbs lemon juice
- Pre heat oven to 180C (350F)
- Grease and or Line your cake tin (I line the walls on this cake because they are exposed when you drizzle the icing. You don’t want chunks missing where it stuck to the tin.)
- Cream the butter and sugar until is white and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time mixing well between additions
- Sift in flour and baking powder (do this beforehand) add and mix until combined
- Dissolve the bicarb soda into the milk and then add to the mixer.
- Once all ingredients are combined pour into the prepared tin.
- Put the tin in the oven and bake till it’s cooked (in my 9” spring form tin it takes about 45 min)
- Once the cake is cooked allow it to cool in the tin for 5 – 10 min then transfer to a cooling rack
- Combine all the icing ingredients together so it forms a runny paste.
- Pour the icing on the centre of the cake making sure it covers the top and allow the icing to drizzle over the edge of the cake.